FULL NAME: Bonang Matheba
D.O.B: 25th June, 1987
PLACE OF ORIGIN:North West Province of South Africa
PROFESSION: TV Personality
CAREER JOURNEY SO FAR:
At the age of 15 years she got her first break into television on SABC 2’s kids’ game series, Manhattan’s Fantasy Challenge. In 2007, she cut her studies at the universityand auditioned as the host of ‘Live’. After joining ‘Live’she became an overnight sensation and the most after celebrity in South Africa. She gave herself the title ‘Host with the most’
She hosted many major music and television awards like the the South African Music, Channel O Music Awards, The South African Film and Television Awards and many other beauty pageants including Miss South Africa.
In 2013 she was named as the new hos for international franchise ‘Clash of the Choirs’where she held the fort for two seasons. In 2014 she was named as the new host of Metro FM’s mid morning slot replacing Siphokazi January. In October 2014 she was unveiled as the spokesperson for Ciroc Vodka in Africa along with South African fashion designer, David Tlale, hip hop recording artist, Da L.E.S and club disc jockey, DJ Dimplez.
Bonang Matheba Awards
- 2012: Woman of the Year Reader’s Choice, Glamour Awards.
- 2013: Favourite TV Host, You Spectacular Awards.
- 2014: Most Stylish Media Personality, SA Style Awards
- 2015: Best South African Radio DJ, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards
- 2015: Style Icon of the Year, SA Style Awards
- 2015: Digital Influencer of the Year, Channel 24 Social Media Awards.
- 2015: African Woman of the Year, New African Woman Magazine
Bonang has gone on to owning her own Entertainment company called ‘Bonang matheba Entertainment’ and also bagging her very own Reality Show ‘Being Bonang’
She recently also got the cover of GQ South Africa !